Our Privacy & Cookies Policy
SuperGuy Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Last updated: 26th October 2023
When you trust us with your personal information, you expect us to protect it and keep it safe.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and will protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which is part of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. These principles govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information, as well as ensuring the quality and security of your personal information. If you would like more information about how we protect your privacy, please contact us.
About This Policy
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information includes any information or opinion, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from their information. The information or opinion will still be personal information whether it is true or not and regardless of whether we have kept a record of it.
The information that we seek to collect about you will depend on the products or services that we provide. If you do not allow us to collect all of the information we request, we may not be able to deliver all of those services effectively.
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
The information that we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with our site and use our services. When we use the term “personal information”, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the contact form.
Some features of the services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment in order to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, in order to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Marketing and advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising and promotional communications by email, text message or postal mail, and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the services and advertising on our site and other websites.
- Security and fraud prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal or malicious activity. If you choose to use the services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend that you do not share your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our services. This is in our legitimate interests in order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship with you.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
Security and Retention of Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
User Generated Content
The services may enable you to post reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user generated content to any public area of the services, this content will be public and accessible by anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make available to others, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available, or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third Party Websites and Links
Our site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms may also be viewable by other users of the services and/or users of those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the services.
Additional privacy information
Further information on privacy in Australia may be obtained by visiting the web site of the Office of the Australia Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Compliance Coordinator – Super Guy
Address: 10/5 Markeri Street, Mermaid Beach, QLD, Australia.
Phone: 1300 944 011
Email: [email protected]
Have Any Questions?